Thursday, August 2

A Word of Explanation

I am Jim.
My friend is Trefor.

We have decided to go on an Americana Blitz.

We want to see what this grand country of ours has to offer us, and we want to do it fast.
Over the course of the next three weeks or so we intend to drive from DC to California and back and get a taste of everything in the middle, all while spending as little money as possible.

This blog will be an outlet for us to express out interest in America and our inevitable eventual distaste for one another and the act of driving. Also, assuming I learn (in the next couple hours) how to do it, we will have some video podcasts for you all as well.

The blog is also important because by the time we're finished I expect that I won't be able to remember much of anything that happened without assistance.

We won't have internet access frequently, so the updates may be sporadic and clumpy. Likewise, we'll be quite busy, so they may be short. I make no promises. Except this: we love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once you've packed your computers, cameras, hard drives, memory sticks, extra batteries, games, snacks, and Google maps, I hope you've left room to pack clothes, too. Have a great trip. Be safe. Enjoy it!