Saturday, August 4

A day in pictures

Can I even do this?
I am giving up all sleep to bring you pictures.

We had a great day today. And we haven't even gotten to the exciting stuff yet. Trefor has already given you a rundown and told me I can't podcast until tomorrow, so all that's left is some photos for you. Here we go:


Us with the car, prepared to leave DC:
posing with the car

A rundown of states we drove through today:
maryland welcomes you
welcome to west virginia
pennsylvania welcomes you
welcome to ohio

Sideling Hill, home of the Sideling Hill Exhibit Center:
sideling hill

We pulled off the highway into a shopping plaza for lunch and gas, and I noticed that the shopping cart corral sign in front of us wasn't an image of a shopping cart at all, but actually a really cute upside-down frog:
cute frog

Karen, who we are staying with, is wonderful. She brought us out to her baroque music ensemble and they were great. I took a couple pictures, but nothing too interesting in the interest of not being intrusive. I'll have a sample of music for you later. This is Karen and a couple of the other women. The one in the back with the viol was super-feisty and a gem to talk to:
karen playing the recorder

Karen also has a great house:
entryway

And beautiful gardens:
garden 3

And the cutest dog (who really wanted to get in the blog):
phoebe


I'm uploading all the pictures in higher quality to flickr, so if you want to see them larger, or see the couple others I'm ignoring, feel free to look there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel tip #1: It's always a good idea to say nice things about your host.

A+ on that lesson, guys! Thanks for visiting. For your return trip: Cincinnati's kind of on the way from Branson MO to DC(hint, hint.)

Unknown said...

Great adventure! I look forward to following your journey via the internets.
The photos have been excellent. The "Karen also has a great house" photo was beautiful. I also loved the frog cart.
May your travels be smooth and your encounters interesting.