Saturday, August 4

Sign From God

Just wanted to point out a couple of details that I thought were important about the trip to the Creation museum.

We saw the sign for the Creation museum on the road and had not originally planned to go there (unlike the incredible hot sauce festival). I think this makes it the first truly roadside piece of our trip. An important milestone I think.

Also, Jim did not convey in his post how worried I was about not making it to our campsite on time. We found out while we were at the hot sauce festival that the check-in here at Chicago Northwest KOA is 9pm. We were cutting it kind of close because the Creation museum was about a half hour away from the festival and then we had the five and half/six hour drive up to Chicago. At about 8.30 (according to the clock in the cruiser) I flipped open my phone to make a quick call and I was about to have Jim call the campsite but I noticed that the phone read 7.30. We had plenty of time to reach the campsite! We had changed timezones when we crossed into the northwest piece of Indiana (I just checked the timezone map, weird breakdown).

We like to think that God actually changed time by an hour for us. As a reward for laying down $36 for His museum. Thanks God.

No comments: