Thursday, August 16

Trefor forces fun down the throats of others

Today started with the Oregon Vortex and its famed House of Mystery. Heights changed, water ran uphill, brooms stood on end and Jason felt nauseous in the swirling energies.

Afterward I decided (admittedly after much hemming and hawing) to take the suggestion of the gregarious KOA campsite caretaker and go to Crater Lake. It was about three hours out of the way altogether, but I thought it would be nice to actually do something today so away we went.

We stopped at Beckie's for lunch and pie. Fresh peach pie with ice cream is delicious.

Crater Lake has the bluest water I have ever seen in real life. I have seen pictures of tropical beaches with water this blue but it was incredible to see for myself. And in a mountain no less.

Probably it was not actually worth the three hours extra that it added to the trip, but it was nice. Looked like it would be a good place to do some hiking if I ever go back...

Then we drove.

Entered California and drove more.

We stopped briefly in Redding, CA at the Oasis fun center. We played some wicked hard mini golf (Jim won again). Threw some ski ball then hopped back in the car.

Drove some more. Got to my brother's place here in San Francisco and now is the time when we sleep.

Explorating city tomorrow!

No comments: