Thursday, August 23

Fugue in Jim sharp minor

Now I will also tell you of the events that have transpired since last I blogged.

Firstly, Jim got to post in Amarillo because the KOA had wifi. I did not because the wifi password that they gave us worked for only one computer and Jim got it punched in first. Lame. Then last night the motel we chose didn't have any internet. Also lame.

Jim failed to mention that Stewart gave me a piece of petrified wood, a note about petrified wood and a Stewart's postcard. But Jim got none of these things. Perhaps the only person to enter the store who did not receive these things. So all Jim's victories (mini golf, cows...) are as nothing compared to the favor shown to me by Stewart.

I actually liked my Iron Skillet breakfast. I got three biscuits covered in sausage gravy with two eggs on top. For less than five dollars!

While Jim was driving a pebble got kicked up somehow and put a small crack in my windshield. I am pretty bummed. My car has held up super well this entire trip and we were only about four days from home when it had to go and get cracked.

My boots are awesome.

Everyone that goes to Cadillac Ranch seems to tag the cars. Jim has been trying to get me to tag things for half the trip and yet I had to convince him that we should write our names. Also, he needs to call that girl from Wisconsin who left her number on a car.

I got in touch with my Uncle. Well, we played phone tag anyway. Apparently they are going to be out recording and Deana will be performing (I think) in Chicago when we were hoping to visit so it will have to be another time. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing them and their place in Branson.

I blogged earlier that I thought we were on a never ending quest for Cowboy pancakes. Unfortunately we seem to be on a never ending quest for any sort of non chain restaurant pancakes. One of our stops in New Mexico (or Texas or Oklahoma, they are all starting to blur together) was at yet another of those kitschy Indian trading post gift shops. The reason for the stop at this one, however, was an advertised pancake house. We missed the exit but my desire for pancakes was so great that we took the next exit (8 miles away) turned around and made the stop. Imagine my disappointment when I found that it was closed. It looks as though I will not get Cowboy or Indian pancakes on this trip. Are there Cavalry pancakes somewhere in Tennessee? Please?

Now we are at Jim's parents' house where there is internet aplenty. They took us to the Loveless cafe for dinner. I had yummy bbq pork and Jim ate bunch of sides. Delicious biscuits as well.

Last little comment. The backs of trucks are sometimes interesting or entertaining and, on a roadtrip, we see a lot of them. There is a trucking company called Covenant that has stickers on the back that look identical to the "this vehicle makes wide right turn" stickers but instead say "It's not a choice. It is a child." Funnier to me was a truck that we saw yesterday that had a sticker that read "This vehicle makes ridiculously huge right turns." Awesome. We wished we knew the story behind that one.

No comments: