Tuesday, August 7

In which I leave out all the details

Today, my lovelies, was intense. It was an awe-inspiring blend of good and bad.

We played some amazing mini-golf (I won two out of two games, thank you), then ate at a place that was wicked expensive but also delicious. We then headed to the House on the Rock which I've wanted to see for a long time and which we decided was more important than the rest of what Wisconsin has to offer. And Wisconsin, as it turns out, has a lot to offer in the way of absurd things to look at. We got there and they essentially shut the door in our faces, however, and it was not a nice thing.

We we both very grumpy for a while. Then we got lost a lot. Then we found an amazing fast food place filled with cheery helpful people where Trefor got a burger and I got a salad and we split an order of deep fried cheese curds and then later we got vanilla frozen custard and we put our apple hot sauce on it. It was very nice. They gave us directions to the Wisconsin Dells where we paused on the way to my friend Lara's house, where we are right now.

The Dells are absurd. That's all I have to say. I wanted to take pictures but it was too much. Also it was raining.

We ended up here much later than we wanted to be. I was hoping to hang out with Lara, but it will have to wait. It is bedtime.

I edited a video podcast from the museum of Science and Industry in the car and it was really long and I got frustrated with it and I think I need to back off the visual aides for a while. I'm backed up on podcasts and pictures and everything and I feel bad about it, but I'm going to stop doing that because really, this trip is for me, not for people to see things from me. However, there will still be some stuff some times. I just make no promises.

1 comment:

dle.dave@gmail.com said...

Both editions (Jim and Trefor) were interesting and fun to read. Don't worry about the full up audio-video production; just post a few snaps.