Wednesday, August 8

Casual... on the go

Tired.

That means that I am sleeping soon so this is Trefor's day to be abrupt and lacking in detail.

Late-ish start to the day. I couldn't figure out how to make Lara's shower actually shower. I nearly broke the handle off while trying to figure it out.

Went to the Mall of America for a walk-around. Almost got some shoes, but didn't.

Grabbed some lunch at an all you can eat Chinese buffet. My fortune from my cookie told me to "fight for it" and I would win. Also, it taught me how to say "still single" in Chinese.

Used book store after lunch. Always good. Always. Got a copy of "The Rule of Four" and a stereoscopic book on bugs. For a dollar each!

Stopped for gas in a town in Minnesota called Welcome. Couple of pictures of signs later we got back on the road.

Long drive out of Minnesota. Nothing eventful. Nice looking country but we didn't stop for anything. Made it into South Dakota right at sunset so maybe I got the welcome sign.

Sunset lasted about three hours and was incredible the whole time. Jim came up with some new slang for cool but neither of us can actually remember it right now, some maybe it isn't going to catch on.

We ended up in Mitchell South Dakota for the night. Found a motel called Anthony Motel. It is perfect for what we wanted, though it looks a little like the Bates motel. DQ burger for dinner for me and a frozen pizza for Jim.

Watching Little Miss Sunshine on our free HBO then bed.

No comments: